Thursday, November 29, 2012

Skates

Today I decided to try roller skates with Joshua. I was thinking about ways to expend energy when it starts being too cold to go out and I thought skating would be nice if he can do it, which I am not sure he can. These skates have three modes and the first is the wheels are locked, the second is they can't go backwards, and the third is normal skates. I let him walk around with the wheels locked and he did well with that, though he wasn't all that interested. Then we also did mode two for awhile, which he couldn't stay upright that way, but greatly enjoyed me pushing him around. The skates are a big hit, but I will have to think about how to motivate him to try to learn to skate rather than just enjoy me pushing him around. In case you are wondering why he is pointing at his mouth, I was trying to get him to smile and after telling him to smile had no effect, I said, "Show me your teeth". So then he did, but not in the way I was hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment