Sunday, March 11, 2012

Preventing Climbing


Joshua loves climbing anything and everything.  Recently when our Parents as Teachers educator was here, she told us that in 30 years of her work, she's never seen a child his age who likes to climb as much as he does.  While we have most pieces of furniture in the house anchored to the wall, such as the dresser in his room, I originally only had the bottom row of drawers child-proofed.  When he started to climb, he would use the middle and top rows of drawers, since they weren't latched.  So today I put a stop to that plan by installing the child-proofing latches on the other four drawers.  Here I show my completed work while Joshua appears to already be plotting a way to circumvent this new limitation.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you've got a budding athlete daredevil on your hands. I am so glad you no longer live in your other house - that 10' drop from the kitchen to the living room always concerned me.

    ReplyDelete