Friday, January 13, 2012

No Longer Advent



One of my goals for this holiday season was to make an advent calendar. I had seen a burlap one from Pottery Barn that I really liked, but it was more than I wanted to pay even on clearance and it was very very large, larger than I prefer. We don't have a lot of wall space in this house so I wanted something to fit on a door. I also wanted to do a kind of Jesse Tree/Advent Calendar hybrid. My plan was to work on this over Thanksgiving weekend. But Clara came and so we were a little busy that weekend. I finally finished it this weekend and I just did the calendar and not the Jesse Tree ornaments I had planned to do. It is not perfect, which bugs me, but it came out mostly how I wanted it to. And I was pretty satisfied with how the embroidery of the numbers came out and I really like the burlap look. This year we did some advent activities even though the calendar wasn't ready, so I really look forward to being able to implement the entire thing next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment