Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fan of a Maligned Band


Tonight I went to a concert for one of my favorite bands, Creed.   Everyone seems to make fun of them, but I love them anyway.  They are playing a two-night series in each town on this tour, with the first night playing the entirety of My Own Prison, their first album, and the second night playing all of their second album, Human Clay.   But on both nights they'll add in the hits from all the other albums not being featured.  The concert was at the Midland Theatre, which is a historic theatre in downtown KC.  Although it's been restored, it still retains much of its ornate interior and exterior.  When I got there, the opening band was terrible and overly loud (even for me), so I wandered around the building while waiting for Creed to start.  I found the downstairs area, which is a weird open space and includes several large throne-like chairs.  Here I sit in one while I wait for the main event.  Creed put on an excellent show, and if they come back to town, I'll definitely go see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment