Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Getting Paid to Drive


Today I'm going to visit a customer in the middle of Michigan.  So the plan was to fly into Detroit, drive across the state to our customer meeting, then drive to Chicago.  That's a lot of driving, most of it westbound and in the afternoon.  One thing that's critical in that situation is sunglasses.  One thing I forgot in my car at the KC airport this morning is sunglasses.  Thus, I had to choose from the lovely collection at the gas station in Detroit.  Fortunately, I found a pair that weren't hideous and weren't completely ineffective, and of course they weren't pricey, because gas stations don't sell expensive sunglasses.  My rental car also ended up being pretty nice.  It was a Ford Fusion with leather seats.  I love driving, so I didn't mind the five hours in the car today.  Here I am crusing across the Great Lakes wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment