Monday, October 1, 2012

Step To It

My company is running a challenge for employees to form teams of four to see which team can walk or run the most steps between October 1st and November 9th.  I joined a team with three of my colleagues from the Chicago office (I named us "The Christopher Walkens").  The only reasonable way to keep track of your steps is with a pedometer.  I didn't have one, so I bought one online, and it arrived today.  Here I am sporting my new device.  (Note that I normally carry it inside my pocket, as wearing it clipped to the outside of my pocket on a daily basis is one of the dorkiest things I can think of.  This was just done for the sake of the picture.)  I love competing, so I'm excited about this, but I also realize we have little chance of winning, as I know of one team with two people who each regularly run 10+ miles each week.  Still, it's a competition, and it seems fun.  I'm mostly curious if this will motivate me to walk or run any more than I normally would.  I occasionally do run at the gym or in our neighborhood, but it doesn't happen more often not because of laziness, but because of lack of time, and with a baby on the way in the near future, free time isn't going to be in abundance.  

No comments:

Post a Comment