Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Not Meant for Passengers with Luggage


I have a meeting in Chicago tomorrow morning, so I flew into town today.  My hotel is downtown, and although I would normally take a cab, my sales rep suggested I take the train.  I was a little leery of it, as I was unfamiliar with it all, but I did it anyway.  It turned out to be a mistake.  First by the time I walked all the way through O'Hare, finally got to the train pick-up location (the train station?), rode into town stopping 10 or so times on the way, switched traines, stopped some more, got off at the end point, and then walked to my hotel, I'm not sure I saved any time compared to if I went straight to the cab and had it drop me off at the hotel front door, even considering traffic.  Second, I'm sure it's fine if it's just you, but I had my roller board and my backpack.  At first there were only single seats, but I had too much stuff so I stood, but people kept running into my backpack and my bag.  Eventually a row of two seats came open, and I used one for my stuff and the other for me.  But by then we were almost there.  So I guess I saved a few bucks on the trip, but it was definitely not worth it.  Next time it'll be Yellow Cab for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment