Sunday, April 29, 2012

Substitute Laptops


Meghan makes heavy use of her laptop. In addition to it being her work computer, she does everything at home on it too, from projects to e-mail to texting (thanks to Google Voice) to watching TV shows online, etc. Because of that, different parts of it have worn out here and there over the three years that we've had it. We have Dell's in-home service as part of the warranty. So in the past when it needed to be repaired, I'd call Dell, they's ship out the replacement part, and the next day someone would come to our house and make the repair, and we'd be done.

This time, though, the problem was seemingly a little more severe. When she opened her laptop to work on it, smoke started pouring out of the vents, first just a wisp, but then full-on pouring smoke. When I called Dell, they said it was too much of a risk to repair it in our house (I suppose they realize I would probably sue them if they set our house on fire), so they said we had to mail it in. So for the next couple weeks Meghan is without her laptop. I'm letting her borrow mine, so I'm using my work laptop at home, but she's also supplementing it with the use of her tablet, as she's doing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment