Monday, December 31, 2012

5-4-3-2-1: Happy 8:30!!!

This year, for the first time, we decided to stay home for New Year's Eve. I prefer going out, but it was fun to be at home too. We wanted to do something fun with the kids, but obviously there is no way they are making it to midnight without becoming total nightmares. So we decided to celebrate with them at 8:30. I saw an idea with bags on Pinterest so we did that. There was activity in each bag. (Jason made fun of my not-very-accurate clocks. Whatever. In elementary school I remember thinking telling time was a complete waste of my time given all the digital clocks around)


We ate fondue and had a dinner of various appetizers.



We played with glowing jewelry



We also watched a Veggie Tales movie starring Minnesota Cuke, played a game, and ate dessert. But soon it was 8:30 and, after practicing with Joshua how to count backwards from 5, we rang in the "new year"
After we put the kids to bed, Jason and I celebrated again at midnight. This has been an amazing year and we can't wait to see what 2013 has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment