Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bringing the World to Kansas City

Usually when I have work events, I have to travel.  My company recently acquired another company, and we decided to bring our top technical guys across the globe to one location so we could get trained on the new product.  For the first time, they chose Kansas City as the location.  So for the past three days we've had guys from Spain, Singapore, the UK, Canada, and from cities across the US all together here in KC.  I was asked by my VP to suggest a restaurant, and I thought the best representation of Kansas City for a dinner would be Jack Stack.  So tonight we all went out to eat and enjoyed what many would say is the best barbecue in America.  It was well received by the group.  Our VP was impressed by how affordable everything was here, and since he's responsible for the budget for these types of events, he said we might not have to wait long for another event in my hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment