Monday, December 31, 2012

Moving On

Every year I am at least a little tempted to not do the blog anymore. It is a lot of work and, at times when our life isn't very exciting, it is difficult to even think of anything to photograph. But despite the temptation, we have decided to continue for next year. We really love having the pictures over time, even if the process of getting them isn't always the most fun ever. Plus, we get a lot of great pictures we wouldn't otherwise take and have a good record of our everyday life, which was one of my main goals in starting this project. And since we have literally taken a picture every day of Joshua's entire life (as well as Clara's and Hannah's), I would be a little sad to stop, though I would if I had a good reason. But, "Sometimes it's kind of hard" isn't really that good of a reason.

One change we are making is a new feature that will probably be roughly weekly. I am tentatively calling it "Way Back Wednesday" though I am not promising it will always be on a Wednesday. I had fun looking at the pictures of last time Jason and I did a gingerbread house here and I have a lot of older pictures, both on paper and digital and I look forward to sharing some of them. 2013 also marks our ten-year wedding anniversary so it's a natural time to look back. Additionally, we really struggle on Wednesdays for pictures because usually the kids are at grandma and grandpa's all day and without them, not much exciting really happens. Especially because I use my free time to do things like grocery shop so my activities aren't very photo-worthy, people of walmart not withstanding. So I have decided to have this feature for many of these Wednesdays where we don't have a good way to get a photo. I think it will be fun.

We hope you will join us as we photograph 2013 at our new blog 2013 in Pictures. We will not be making further posts on this blog.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are continuing the blog! I love following!

    ReplyDelete