Thursday, December 27, 2012

Farewell Chicago?

Recently they changed my sales territory at work.  For the past couple years I've focused on Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Indiana  But our company is growing, and they've hired more sales reps, so as a sales engineer I'm now working with sales reps who are closer to Kansas City.  I'm not sure how this will go, because the Kansas/Missouri/Ohio/Colorado/Iowa/Nebraska territory isn't exactly booming with opportunities (I also have New Mexico, the Dakotas, and Montana, but those aren't really even worth mentioning).  I do have Minnesota, which probably holds the most promise out of all the states.  The new sales rep for that territory starts in a couple weeks, so hopefully he'll do well and we can get some business.

For now, though, I'm holding on to a few of my old accounts, though I'll likely lose them in the near future, so yesterday and today I was in Chicago visiting one of them.  I was supposed to fly back first thing this morning on a 9am flight, but my flight was delayed due to a mechanical problem.  By the time it was ready, I would have missed my connecting flight, so I had to be rebooked on a later flight leaving at 5pm.  So I spent basically the entire day in O'Hare.  I wore my glasses in the morning because I planned to sleep on the first flight (it's not very comfortable to sleep in my contacts), but because I didn't end up flying until the evening, I ended up wearing them all day.  Here I am toward the end of my long day living in the airport like Tom Hanks.

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering about your travel week - lots of weather going on as well. A day in the airport is never fun but at least you aren't like Tom Hanks (LOL).

    ReplyDelete