Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bags Instead of Babies

Today, since my Bible study was cancelled because of the holiday, we decided to go out to the Legends to do some shopping. The kids need some fall clothes and Carter's, which is probably my favorite place to shop for the first year, was having a big sale. We found a lot of clothes for Clara, some for Joshua, and also got Joshua some fall shoes (he hasn't worn socks all summer and neither have I, but at some point we'll have to start wearing close-toed shoes again and he didn't have a pair that fit). This worked out well because Joshua can still wear some of his fall clothes from last year so he doesn't need as much and I prefer other stores for him anyhow.

Side rant - I don't know what it is with Carter's and onesies. I don't even like onesies for Clara or any baby, though I can deal with a few in an infant's wardrobe. Maybe under a dress or jumper, but even then I prefer shirts. But certainly once you turn one, those shouldn't be a thing. I am not buying Joshua any outfit with a onesie and, since he is still in baby sizes, a lot of Carter's stuff has onesies still. It mystifies me. Who are these people who like onesies for babies? What do they like about them? And do they still buy them when their kids are two? I just think they are a huge pain to get on and off and they even make Clara look fat (and not in a cute baby way either) and she is super thin, so I think they are universally unflattering. Ugh - make more shirts, Carter's! And their clothing is very roomy so without an unprecedented growth spurt, it could be a year or more before Joshua hits 2T in that brand and that's when I think the onesies finally go away. And for Clara it may be soon that we don't shop there anymore too, though at least they have cute dresses for the summer for girls (they have them for the winter too, but I didn't see matching leggings so not sure how a dress would work for the winter) -rant over

Anyway, the trip went very well and the kids did great. At the end they got a little restless, so Joshua ran a bit with Jason and I carried Clara, but they did well in the stroller most of the time. And by the end it was easier to carry Clara than the bags anyhow, so it worked out well. We went out to dinner afterwards. We need a lot of room at the table and can't do booths since we need two high chairs and it was getting late so we didn't want to wait, so we decided to drive a bit to avoid Legends crowds. We ended up eating at a new-to-us Mexican restaurant in Shawnee called Ixtapa that didn't have a wait and the salsa was excellent and the food was quite good, so a very good afternoon/evening overall.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - looks like you had a successful shopping trip and what good kids! Regarding the onesies - I think the idea was so that the baby's shirt would not end up around the babies neck and stay "tucked in." Shirts tend to scoot up when babies are laying down. but I'm with you - I never really used them much.

    ReplyDelete