Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pouring

Today I gave Joshua some cups with water in them so he could practice pouring. I also tried a small pitcher, but that ended up being too big for him and he couldn't get it at a good angle, so we stuck with the cups. He really enjoyed this activity, though it was not exactly no-mess. By the end he was doing a really good job keeping the water in the cups, though, so I think he made good progress and had a lot of fun too. Once he ran out of water a couple times, I told him we were done for today and he was definitely disappointed. This will be another good thing to have him work on while I start dinner before Jason gets home. That is always a challenging time because he prefers to stand right next to me, where I am most likely to be chopping something with a very large and sharp knife. I am not a mom who has a lot of rules in my house, but "No standing where you can easily get hurt by a knife" is definitely one of them, so it can be a hard time of day and activities he can do in his booster at the table and be happy with are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment