Saturday, September 29, 2012

Double Ogg Dare

Today was a busy day for us. First, Jason took Joshua to an art class that the Olathe Parents as Teachers put on. Joshua isn't super into art yet. He doesn't really like to draw or use crayons. He seemed to reasonably enjoy the new experience though, and he got to paint, which we haven't done at home yet. He came home with his first ever art projects and some free art supplies, so we consider it a success.


Next, we met our friends, the Hansons, out at Shawnee Mission Park for "The Double Ogg Dare" festival. It was a gorgeous day and the festival had a lot of fun activities for families and kids. I would like to go again next year when I am not super pregnant because they had an orienteering introduction I think would be fun, but I wasn't sure a hike through a field was in the cards for me. Above, is Jason and the kids on the hayride from the parking lot to the Ogg part of the park.
Joshua really liked the animal booth, which had an owl and some snakes, but he really is pretty thrilled with sticks. Clara also had a good time. She had her first picnic lunch and also got some backpack time with Jason. I really need to find her some shoes that fit since now that she walks, she wants to go get sticks with Joshua. It is hard to find shoes suitable for walking in such a tiny size, but I am going to have to look into that. Overall, we had a really good time and it makes me want to go to the park more. Joshua isn't huge on playgrounds, but he really likes sticks and rocks, so I think it would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment