Monday, September 17, 2012

Thirty-Five






Today I turned thirty-five.  This was somewhat surprising to me, because I'm pretty sure I'm nowhere near that old.  That's how old other people are, like older people I work with, or retiring athletes, or other types of people.  Not me.  I guess I floated through my early thirties not paying that much attention to what exact number my age was, and then it was suddenly 35.  Sigh...  Anyway, at least the birthday itself was good.  As we've previously mentioned, there's a book that Meghan borrowed from the library that Joshua really likes me to read to him, so they got me a copy to have for our own.  I also got a Sporting Kansas City shirt that I'd been wanting, as well as some gift certificates to places I like to go.  Meghan also made me my favorite cake, a tres leches cake.  Despite the disappointment of my new age, it was a really good day, mostly thanks to our family birthday time.    

1 comment: