Friday, September 7, 2012

Nine Years

Today Jason and I celebrated our ninth anniversary. Peg and Ron babysat for us and we were able to go see a matinee and go to a dinner. We saw "Hope Springs" and it was reasonably enjoyable, which is definitely considered a success for me since I am not a movie person. Jason chose our dinner location. I don't handle surprise well, but I managed to let him not tell me until we were going there that we were going to try Piropos, an Argentine restaurant up north in Briarcliff Village. I was excited because I had heard it was good and we don't often go that far north so I was really curious about the area too. I also wasn't sure what to expect from Argentine food. I wasn't sure if it would be more European inspired, which is how it was in Colombia, or if it would be more what you would think of as typical Latino cuisine, more like a less spicy Mexican restaurant. It was definitely more like Colombian fare and was really delicious. The beef I had was especially perfect and Jason's roasted red pepper risotto was also incredible. They gave us a free dessert as well, which was a banana cake. Normally I don't like banana breads or cakes or bars or anything like that, but this was really excellent. It wasn't too banana-y and not too moist or dense, which together are my main issues with banana bread. It was a really great meal that also had a great view of downtown Kansas City and a fun afternoon and evening to spend together and be alone without kids. Although it doesn't feel like we are newly married anymore, I am not sure it really seems like nine years. I can't believe how fast it has gone.

1 comment: