Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stars at the K

I don't get many opportunities to watch TV at this point in my life, but I really try to make time for certain sporting events, and the MLB All-Star game is one of them.  This year it's in Kansas City for the first time since 1973.  I would have loved to attend, but ticket prices were ridiculous, and I just couldn't justify spending the money.  So I watched it on TV like the most of the rest of America.  It's a really big deal for KC to host the game, as we rarely have marquee sporting events here, given that the Super Bowl isn't coming (thanks a lot, Jackson County voters) and the Chiefs and Royals haven't exactly been championship contenders lately.  My Royals shirt was in the laundry today, so to commemorate the day, I wore my Kansas City Wizards jersey.  It's from a different sport of course (and is an outdated team name), but it's blue and says the name of our city, which is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment