Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Happy Day!

A few months ago, the extended warranty on my laptop ran out and also my laptop started smoking every time it powered on so I could no longer use it. In the interim, I have used Jason's laptop. Though it's really nice that I had something to use and that he could use his work laptop as his primary laptop during this time, it has been far from ideal for either of us. The processor Jason thought would work best for me became available so we could finally get my new laptop. It is so great to have it! I love being able to set up all my software and organize all my files exactly the way I like them and also have a very thin and cute laptop again that I can easily lift with one hand. I am really happy with it so far. I also love that Jason is at least moderately interested in the specs of laptops, because even hearing the words processor or RAM makes my eyes glaze over, so I just told him what I wanted and then he chose the one that worked the best for my needs. I got most everything I wanted with only a few compromises (for some reason the exact thing I want in electronics whether it is a tablet, laptop, or cell phone very rarely exists and I feel like I don't have that high of standards, so I am always a little disappointed in manufacturers). And, it's still shiny and new, so no dog hair under the keys on the keyboard and no keys removed by Joshua and no fingerprints on the screen because he believes all screens are touchscreens. I am sure that part won't last all that long, but it's really nice for now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got a new computer all to yourself! I know you use it a lot. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you got a new laptop. I've had mine for exactly a year and I haven't had a single problem with it. But I got a Toshiba instead of a Dell. I love it when things work like they're supposed to.

    ReplyDelete